Come D23 Members, we’ll take thee away into a land of enchantment! D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is pleased to invite you to the bewitching city of Salem, Massachusetts, for a Halloween “Spell-ebration” of the ages.
Celebrate the Sanderson Sisters’ return as D23: The Official Disney Fan Club and the city of Salem present a spooktacular Halloween event to ignite the season! While fans from across the world will enjoy the haunting sequel Hocus Pocus 2 at home on Disney+, immerse yourself in the experience with a day-long event to celebrate the city where the magic all began!
Upon check-in, guests will receive a commemorative map of the city, highlighting many of the film’s original locations for you to visit, along with some of Salem’s most cherished city landmarks and witchy wonders. This will be your guide to historic and legendary Salem, open for your exploration during this delightfully wicked season. During your self-guided tour of Salem, you’ll soar over to a hometown movie house, where D23 will host an exclusive screening of Hocus Pocus 2!
The evening will conclude in grand style by relighting the candle at The Black Flame Ball, held at the historic Hamilton Hall. At this fantastical Halloween costume party, members are encouraged to channel their inner Sanderson Sister, “Dad-ula,” or pointy pop icon to dance away the night with live music, food, libations, and entertainment that could only be summoned once every 300 years! Look out for a few surprises that are sure to put a spell on you, as this ultimate Halloween party is the perfect way to kick off the spookiest season with plenty of treats—and a few tricks!
Ready your broomsticks, mops, and vacuums because the Sandersons are back, witches, and they’re on the hunt for the best way to ring in the spookiest season of all. Come stay for a spell and join us for D23 Runs Amuck in Salem! – A Halloween Spell-ebration.
More about Hocus Pocus 2 (2022): It’s been 29 years since someone lit the Black Flame Candle and resurrected the 17th century Sanderson sisters, and they are looking for revenge. Now it is up to three high school students to stop the ravenous witches from wreaking a new kind of havoc on Salem before dawn on All Hallows’ Eve. This film is not yet rated and arrives on Disney+ September 30.
- Magical Event Credential
- Commemorative map for a self-guided tour of Salem, Mass.
- Complimentary admission to Hocus Pocus 2 screening, including popcorn and bottled water
- Special Entry to The Black Flame Ball costume party at Hamilton Hall, which includes:
- Haunting hors d’oeuvres and devilish desserts
- Hosted bar featuring curious concoctions and perfected potions
- Enchanted evening entertainment
- A D23-exclusive limited edition Hocus Pocus pin
Please note, Hamilton Hall is a Registered National Historic Landmark, and does not currently provide ramp or elevator access to the second and third floors of the building. There is permanent ramp access to the first floor only. All in attendance must be able to use stairs in order to enter the event venue. The ballroom for the Black Flame Ball is located on the second floor.
Check-in opens at 8 a.m., with movie screenings at 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. The day will conclude with The Black Flame Ball, hosted by D23, where attendees will receive their commemorative gift upon departure.
BONUS! For an additional (and complimentary!) experience, join the City of Salem and Creative Collective on October 2, 2022, in an outdoor screening of Hocus Pocus 2 at the Salem Common, the very same park where Allison and Max walked to school in Hocus Pocus! Please note, the Salem Common is an outdoor venue and seating is not provided. We recommend bringing blankets, pillows, and hoodies. Food and beverage will not be provided, so you may bring your own picnic. Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted. This bonus outdoor screening is complimentary, does not require registration, and offered in partnership with the City of Salem and Creative Collective. Stay tuned to D23.com for more details.
- D23 Gold Members may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when purchasing tickets. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets may not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed Members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present for their guests to gain entry to the event.
- Hotel Stay is not included. Due to the popularity of Salem in October, we recommend making travel arrangements as soon as possible.
- Parking is not included. Due to the popularity of Salem in October, the city recommends utilizing the options provided by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Please visit their website at mbta.com.
- Any severe dietary restrictions or accessibility requests should be communicated to D23 Guest Services as soon as possible. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-friendly options will be available at The Black Flame Ball.
- All Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend this D23 event.
- Children should be supervised. Guests under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest aged 18 or older.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancelations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Please note, Hamilton Hall is a Registered National Historic Landmark, and does not currently provide ramp or elevator access to the second and third floors of the building. There is permanent ramp access to the first floor only. All in attendance must be able to use stairs in order to enter the event venue. The ballroom for the Black Flame Ball is located on the second floor.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place in Salem, Massachusetts, and surrounding areas, during the event. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video, and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.